USIBA Charter Constitution
ARTICLE I: Name and Jurisdiction
This organization shall be known as the United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association, Inc. (USIBA). Its jurisdiction shall consist of all member colleges and universities in the United States and District of Columbia. USIBA is (pending) a group member of USA Boxing, Inc. (USAB) and agrees to abide by all USAB rules, regulations and policies, unless otherwise described in the USIBA Bylaws, which are submitted for approval by USAB upon any revision.
ARTICLE II: Mission and Goals
The mission of USIBA is to introduce the principles, benefits, and relative safety of amateur boxing to higher education communities and to foster opportunities for both amateur boxing competition and positive student experiences through the sport of boxing.
- The primary goal of USIBA is to establish ethical standards for safety and fair play through transparent operations and shared best practices.
- An additional goal of USIBA is to be a leader in boxing education for athletic training, officiating, and competition management.
- An additional goal of USIBA is to aggressively expand its novice club sport program to stimulate membership growth for USA Boxing.
- An additional goal of USIBA is to develop an emerging varsity sport program in addition to its club sport program for open class boxers and USA Boxing's Elite Athletes in the Olympic Pipeline.
ARTICLE III: Governance Structure
USIBA will be governed by a volunteer Board of Directors (BOD). The BOD shall consist of the following positions, committee chairs, and student representatives.
Section A: All Board Members' responsibilities include
Section A: All Board Members' responsibilities include
- The review and approval of USIBA's mission, values, and goals to be current and attainable
- The review and approval of the annual budget, major program plans, and organizational policies.
- Active participation in meetings and decision making.
- Develop a strategic plan for USIBA and monitor compliance with the goals and objectives of the plan.
- Represent USIBA in legally binding agreements with the consent of the BOD.
- Serve on committees and attend meetings as scheduled.
- Support and assist in the performance of the duties of the President when needed.
- Oversee and report to the BOD the day to day operations of the organization.
- Organize and oversee direction of tournament and event operations.
- Accept fiduciary responsibility for USIBA and assure the integrity of its financial records and reports.
- Maintain all bank accounts and record receipt and dispersement of all funds.
- Assist in preparation of member dues, program budgets and fundraising goals.
- File annual agency audit with Form 990 to the IRS.
- Maintain minutes of the boards activities and decisions.
- Be a conduit for communication regarding any meetings of the board.
- Oversee membership compliance of USA Boxing registration and rules.
- Oversee development of best practices for safe operation of member clubs.
- Oversee development of curriculum for student officials using USAB Rules and materials.
- Present annual safety report and historical record of reported injuries for USIBA.
- Develop and execute a recruitment strategy to assist new eligible student boxing clubs become members of USIBA.
- Develop an emerging varsity sport transition plan for the association's open division.
- Manage media relations to obtain the greatest positive exposure for USIBA.
- Direct and manage social media accounts.
- Evaluate sponsorship opportunities with outside companies for presentation to the BOD.
- Co-Chair an athlete advisory committee to facilitate discussion regarding USIBA Programs and Policies.
- Communicate athlete caucus recommendations and concerns to the BOD.
- Communicate BOD activities and decisions to student club representatives.
- Board Positions, with the exceptions of athlete representatives, may be non-members nominated by a member, or may be self nominated if a member in good standing.
- The President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary will be elected by membership majority vote to staggered two year terms.
- Committee Chairs will be elected by membership majority vote to one year terms.
- Athlete Board Representatives will be self nominated through an application process to be developed by the President and Secretary each September, an elected by BOD majority vote to one year terms.
- Successive terms are permitted without limits.
- Any BOD member may be impeached by majority vote of the membership of majority vote of the BOD, at which time the BOD opening will be posted for nominations on USIBA's website for at least thirty days and until at least two nominations are submitted.
- The BOD will elect a new director by majority vote for eligible candidates to replace an open position due to impeachment.
ARTICLE IV: Address and Correspondence
The postal address of USIBA is 228 N Upper St, Lexington, KY 40507 and the web address is www.collegeboxing.org for any official correspondence.
ARTICLE V: Ratification
This Constitution shall be fully implemented upon ratification of the voting membership by simple majority vote. Upon ratification of this Constitution, the President shall forward a copy to the USAB Office, to become part of the permanent file for USIBA's group membership.
ARTICLE VI: Dissolution
USIBA may dissolve after dissolution is approved by the BOD and by two-thirds vote of the membership provided that notice of a vote on dissolution will be taken with at least thirty days notice. Upon dissolution, the net assets of the USIBA shall be turned over to the USAB Scholarship fund. Assets incapable of proportionate distribution shall be distributed in accordance with the recommendation of the Board exclusively for educational or charitable purposes. This provision is non-amendable.